Session: Preparing for Climate Change: Simple and Cost-Effective Solutions
Doug Tarry Homes is a family owned business, founded by his father Doug Sr., in 1954.
Doug is a second generation builder trained in ENERGYSTAR ® and R2000 building methods. He is a National Award Winning BCIN Qualified Home Designer, working with a number of manufacturers on development of products for more sustainable housing.
- Past President, Ontario Home Builders Association.
- Inaugural Net Zero Home of the Year, Canadian Home Builders Association.
- 2 Time National Grand SAM Award Winner (Doug Tarry Homes) CHBA.
- Project HOPE, a Three Day Net Zero Ready fundraising House Build. (HOPE: A Story that builds more than a new Home” the documentary film will be released in 2018).
- Founding HOPE AGUA VITA, a Fundraising effort taking volunteers to the village of San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico to help rebuilding after Hurricane Maria.
Doug’s current appointments include:
- Ontario Building Code Conservation Advisory Council (M.A.H.).
- Technical Chair, Ontario Home Builders’ Association
- Net Zero and Technical Research Councils, Canadian Home Builders’ Association
- Presenter and trainer on a number of Building Code and Better Building Subjects.
- Contributing writer, Better Builder Magazine.